Rohit Koppula, M.D.
Dr. Koppula joins Northern Virginia Radiology Consultants as a diagnostic and interventional radiologist with fellowship training in Vascular and Interventional Radiology. He specializes in minimally invasive procedures to diagnose and treat of a variety of conditions including hepatic / renal cancers, uterine fibroids, and benign prostatic hyperplasia. He has presented at national meetings and authored book chapters on several topics including oncology, peripheral arterial disease and portal hypertension. Additionally, he is interested in pain management procedures and novel therapies for osteoarthritis.
After graduating Magna Cum Laude from the George Washington University, Dr. Koppula stayed in the nation’s capital to earn his medical degree, where he also gained valuable experience with healthcare advocacy. He then went on to Charlottesville, VA where he received his diagnostic radiology and subspecialty training at the University of Virginia.
A native of Northern Virginia, Dr. Koppula currently resides in Washington D.C. with his wife and dog. He enjoys traveling, playing racquetball, and exploring trails on his mountain bike.
- BA, The George Washington University
- MD, The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Virginia
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology, The University of Virginia
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Radiologic Society of North America
- Society of Interventional Radiology