Preparation Instructions for Diagnostic Imaging Procedures
The following sections describe the instructions required to complete each diagnostic imaging procedure. Find the procedure being performed, and please follow these instructions carefully. If you have any questions regarding these instructions, please call 703-558-8500.
For all examinations, you must bring the prescription (order form) with you to the examination.
- Barium Swallow (Esophagram)
- Barium Enema
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- Intravenous Pyelogram (IVP)
- Small Bowel Series
- Upper GI Series
- Voiding Cystourethrogram (VCUG)
- Gastric Emptying
- Helicobactor Pylori Breath Test
- HIDA Scan
- Renal Scan
- Sestamibi Stress Test
- Thyroid Scan / Thyroid Metastatic Whole Body Scan