CT Scan / CT Angiography
Getting prepared for your CT scan is easy. Most CT scans require little or no preparation before your appointment. Please read and follow the instructions below to make sure we can perform the best study possible.
You must bring your prescription (order form) with you to the examination. If you have any questions regarding these instructions, call 703-588-8500.
- You may have a light meal prior to the exam.
- You must be well hydrated. Drink at least 32 ounces of fluid 1-2 hours prior to the exam.
- You may use the restroom as needed.
Certain examinations require patient preparation prior to the examination to ensure the most accurate study can be performed. In some instances, we may ask you to reschedule your examination if you are unable to complete the preparatory requirements.
CT Colonography requires a special preparation in order to obtain the most diagnostic examination possible. The instructions for the examination should be followed completely.
- Pick up the preparation kit at least 2 days prior to the appointment.
- Preparation begins at 8AM on the day before the appointment.
- Follow all instructions on the CT colonography instruction sheet.
- The exam lasts about 1 hour.
- There are no restrictions after the exam. The patient may eat normally. The patient may drive after the exam.
- The patient may not eat/drink any caffeine after 12 midnight the night before the exam.
- The patient should take their regularly scheduled medicines with a small glass of water.
- The patient should arrive at least 1 hour prior to the scheduled appointment time.
- The patient should drink 32 ounces of water two hours prior to the appointment time. The patient must be well hydrated.
- The patient should not eat for 6 hours prior to the exam.